How to apply?
The ideal applicant is
religious or not,
has a religious degree or not,
is interested in global religious studies: yes or yes
BA degree in any kind of science, humanities or religious education.
The exam means more a conversation with the staff members about the expectations of the applicants and about the specialities of the MA program.
We like books as:
- Weber, Max: Sociology of Religion. Ypsilanti, MI: Beacon Press, 1993.
- Berger, Peter, The Many Altars of Modernity Toward a Paradigm for Religion in a Pluralist Age, De Gruyter, Berlin-Boston, 2014
- Stausberg, Michael - Engler, Steven (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of the Study of Religion, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2016
Points during the application process are calculated accordingly:
- Points achievable during the oral exam in general proficiency in social sciences, cultural and religious knowledge
- Additional points for language skills