How to apply?
The ideal appliciant is
religious or not,
has a religious degree or not,
is interested in competative religious studies, yes or yes
BA degree in any kind of science, humanities or religious education.
The exam means more a conversation with one staff member about the expectations of the applicants and about the specialities of the MA program.
We like books as:
- Tworuschka, Monika & Tworuschka, Udo: Die Welt der Religionen - series. Gütersloh: Gütersloher Verlagshaus, 2007-
- Bowker, John, World Religions. London: DK Adult, 1997. pp. 200
- Armstrong, Karen: A History of God. NY: Ballantine Books, 1994.
- Weber, Max: Sociology of Religion. Ypsilanti, MI: Beacon Press, 1993. pp. 304
- Schleiermacher, Friedrich: On Religion: Speeches to its Cultured Despisers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. pp. 175
- Freud, Sigmund: Totem and Taboo. Lawrence, KS: Digireads.com, 2008. pp. 108
Points during the application process are calculated accordingly:
- Points achievable during the oral exam in general proficiency in social sciences, cultural and religious knowledge
- Additional points for language skills